Saturday 4 October 2014

October Currently

With everything else that has been happening at the beginning of October I almost forgot to get over to Farley for her monthly Currently linky party - press the button below to go over and join in the fun.

So here's what mine looks like - all the wonderful spooky fonts I used are from the Halloween collection by Cara over at her Creative Playground (carascreativeplayground.blogspot.com):

I woke up so early this morning and just couldn't get back to sleep so I went into our front room to do some work and that did let me hear the owls hooting from the trees at the front which I haven't heard in some months.

I have been loving that it has still been sunny and warm over the past four days despite the forecast being that October would bring about change but I know it will be changing soon so make the best of it I say :)

I am thinking I need to get fitter and lose some weight and I know that chocolate and I do not have a good relationship (I do think I am addicted - I just cannot eat one piece - never have been able to never will!!) so I am banning chocolate completely from my life (going cold turkey) - let's hope I can hold out!!

I really do want to sort out a whole lot of craft materials and school stuff up in the attic - would be useful for the craft activities I might want to plan and I really do think that some of the teaching material I have kept for the past 15 years are now obsolete.  With cooler weather approaching this would be the time so it doesn't feel like I'm up in a sauna.

This month, I need to get some of the products I have half done completely finished and posted on to TpT as I could so do with a bit of extra money on the run up to Christmas this year.  I am also thinking it is coming up to a year of having joined as a seller so I should be doing something to celebrate!

My final thing here is a TREAT for you with once again a big shout out to Granny Goes to School for all of the wonderful clipart.  grannygoestoschool.blogspot.com

Click on the button below to download



This simple Halloween gameboard that can be adapted for any use you want - at the moment I am using it with children who are learning to count spots on a dice and then move that correct number of spaces - if they land on a spooky picture they get a small treat - and I am also using it as a practising blends board with another group - every time they land on a picture they turn over the card and try to say the blend - if they do get it right they get an activity card (stand on one leg/pat your head three times/spin around twice etc) as their prize.

If you would like a copy of the gamecard backs press on the picture below to download (the space on the card is to write what category the card belongs too e.g. blends/activity/times-tables/speech & language target - this helps ensure you don't muddle up cards accidentally.
You get nine to a page


I'm off now to follow Farley's rules and leave meaningful comments on peoples' blogs. 

 I'd love a comment from you if you visit my page - many thanks :-)



8 comments:

  1. Love all your fonts! They are so spooky and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they were free from the very generous Cara - you should check out her blog!

      Delete
  2. You are braver than I because I couldn't cut chocolate from my diet and my students and family wouldn't want me to...lol. I feel you on the sorting. This summer I found 6 tubs of binders in my shed; each full of school stuff. I am slowly sorting them two at a time and pitching a TON. My craft room however, needs a lot of work. Maybe we need an online intervention program :)
    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a good idea (an intervention prgram) - although I think I might end up sobbing in the corner - I do find it difficult to get rid of craft supplies :(

      Delete
  3. I'm kind of jealous of your cool weather. It's hot here and it looks like it's going to stay that way for a while. It was 96 today! Good luck getting rid of chocolate. I have such a sweet tooth. I don't think I could kick the habit.

    Carol
    The Super Sparkly Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - it makes the national news here in the U.K. if we get temperatures in the 90's! How on earth do you cope teaching in school? Do you all have air conditioners in your class rooms? I almost made a boo-boo last night on the chocolate front as I wondered if I should make a Mocha coffee as the temperature was getting colder - I just stopped myself in time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck going chocolate free. I did it last year for the whole of October, mainly to see if I could do it. It was tough going at times but I managed. I think I did end up eating more crisps though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your good wishes, Click - so far so good - however I have increased my consumption of various mint sweets so I need to take care that I don't swap one treat for another I guess!

    ReplyDelete