Saturday 20 February 2016

Exaggeration!

Joining in with Patricia's Place
for a little poetic interlude based on the quote

An exaggeration is a truth that has lost its temper - Kahil Gibran


How big was that fish you say you saw?
Your arms are out wide are you really sure?
How loud was my snoring? On the Richter scale?
I can’t quite believe that!  Are you telling a tale?
How hot was the curry you had last night?
It blew off your head – are you sure that’s quite right?
How bad was the smell the very next day?
I’m starting to think you’ve got carried away.
I’m not saying you’re lying but I’m beginning to feel
You’re stretching the truth and none of it’s real.
Your monstrous claims have started to grate

So next time just please don’t exaggerate!


8 comments:

  1. Your poem made me laugh. Thanks for linking to In Other Words. Exaggerations are found everywhere. The current political season is especially full of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right, Patricia and thanks for hosting this linky :)

      Delete
  2. That's a great poem! I guess we all like to stretch things a bit sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guilty of exaggeration, though I consider it more a flight of fancy. I mean, stories, even real ones, are better with a bit of an edit. LOL

    ReplyDelete