Friday 11 March 2016

Celebrate #11

How time flies!!
Back once more with Lexa and the gang :)

This week I am celebrating - 

1) The new yoga class that I attend on a Friday - I mentioned I had had a go some weeks ago and really enjoyed it as did the other ladies who attended so we pestered the yoga teacher to put on a new beginners class for us and he has - excellent news :)  I can't quite believe how relaxed the session makes you feel when you are doing it yet you leave absolutely buzzing with energy - weird but wonderful!

2) this month's art session at my art club where I got to watch a portrait artist (Jane French) at work creating an amazing portrait (working from a photograph) in oils.  It was so exciting to watch how the portrait grew and developed and she gave lots of really useful information and pointers as she went along.  I think I might like to have a go working in this medium so I might sign up for one of her day courses later in the year.
This portrait painted and exhibited last year won her a gold award

3) Last but not least - having my son home for Mother's Day which was lovely and felt really special :)

You know I'd love to know what you had to celebrate this week, What have you joined in with that's new or what new thing did you see?  Let me know by leaving a comment below and have a super weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I love that painting! It's almost impressionistic, and who'd have thought blue could look so perfect on faces? Yay for a new yoga class for your and the other ladies, and for your son being home on Mother's Day! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the colours she mixed on her palette were not at all the ones I would have used - it really was amazing to see her "build" the portrait!

      Delete
  2. Very cool painting... the kind that makes you want to stare at it for ages. Real nice. Lots of celebrate for sure. Haven't joined anything new for a while... now you make me want to rejoin my local gym hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the writing you've been doing, I'm not surprised you haven't joined anything new :)

      Delete
  3. That painting is wonderful! You must take the class. Yoga is always worth celebrating. But having your son at Motherse Day is best! And I'm sure it was for him, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was inspiring and having one of the children home on Mother's Day was lovely :)

      Delete
  4. What a nice painting--the kind I could gaze at often. And so glad that your son popped by for Mother's Day. How sweet of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I appreciated the effort he made getting back :)

      Delete
  5. Having your child on Mother's day is precious

    ReplyDelete
  6. great painting! And how nice to have your son around for mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in the presence of greatness was awesome (I'm talking about the artist although I'm sure my son would say the same could be said about him too)!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you've had a lovely week. Funnily enough, just yesterday I was thinking about cracking out my old yoga mat again... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your son came home for Mother's Day. I love yoga too.

    ReplyDelete