Sunday 6 March 2016

Cloaked in Secrecy

I am doing something different today and sharing in some good news I had recently when I was lucky enough to be given the chance to pre-read T.F. Walsh's second book in her Wulfkin series.
This all happened through the Celebrate the Small Things linky (which T.F. is a member of) where she asked readers to fill in a form if they would like to participate.  I duly did so, kept my fingers crossed and lo and behold I was chosen as a reviewer reader :)



I decided I would set aside time to read her novel this weekend and write a review.  And then I began reading yesterday ... and I really couldn't put it down!  I had things to do in the morning so I rushed out and did those and then settled down to read a bit more..then I made some soup for lunch reading as I went along...kept sneaking out from my husband watching TV in the afternoon to curl up in the snug to read more and then cooked dinner ...still reading and managed to finish just before my son returned home in time for Mother's Day today.  I have now posted my review on Goodreads and am using their widget for the first time to include my review here:

Cloaked in SecrecyCloaked in Secrecy by T.F. Walsh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book should come with a warning - once picked up impossible to put down!
The fast pace, the twists and turns, the will they/won't they? make the reader dive headfirst into this great story. Told through the eyes of both lead characters I loved the difference in the voices and hence chapters throughout the novel. T.F. Walsh shows herself to be a master storyteller of this genre and I would totally recommend to lovers of such books.


View all my reviews

I have to say that it has been a bit of a peculiar experience somewhat akin to going to school with that slightly geeky kid Clark Kent and then finding out he really is Superman!  I post comments on T.F.'s blog and read her linky post knowing she is a published author but then I read her book and realise she is one hell of an author!!  She paints pictures in your head easily and assuredly and the action grips you and then as you race along with the book realising how everything comes together through the twists and turns you think how did she get that all into that size book?  I am in total awe of her talent.  Anyway enough said, but if you want to read something that combines adult content with a well written story then I thoroughly recommend this book just make sure you tell your loved ones you might be M.I.A. for some time as once started you're going to find it hard to put this book down!!  
If you want to read a bit more about the story line of this new book or maybe get involved with its release through a "thunderclap" event then head over to T.J.Walsh's website now and read her post
http://www.tfwalsh.com/books/celebrate-the-small-things-20/

9 comments:

  1. What a great feeling to find a book you can't put down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just lovely reading something with good pace that made you want to keep reading - just like seeing a good film really :)

      Delete
  2. I love your review. I will add this to my TBR list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be warned, Paula there are a few "steamy" bits but then again that's what real passionate love should be like!

      Delete
  3. Oh, so glad to hear of a good new book. Will look for it! I'm totally engrossed in the Outlander series right now, but I'll add this one to the pile... er, rather to my new bookcase:) Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cloaked in Secrecy will be available from March 14th as an e-book so you won't even need to find room on your new bookcase!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, how could I have missed this post:) thank you so much, and it makes me smile wildy to read that you enjoyed the story as much as I loved writing it;) You're a star. Can't wait to see what you think of the sequel coming out in May!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you are so productive and I am looking forward now to the new book!

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous review! I adore Tania and totally agree that she's one heck of a writer. I'm lucky she's a member of my writing group. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete