Monday 27 June 2016

Celebrate #16

Sorry I'm late to the party this week but I felt it was time to ...
This wonderful linky is hosted by the amazing Lexa Cain and everyone is welcome to join in.  Just click on the button above to be taken to her blog page and the linky list!

Despite some earth-shattering moments this week in Britain when 52% of the population decided we did not want to be part of Europe!!! I have striven to look for the more positive things that have happened in my life.

1 - had a great time with my parents-in-law visiting this week.  They tried out the train and it was a really good journey through St Pancras with National Rail assistance.  What a difference it makes being helped in and out of carriages as well as being taken to your next train when you find it difficult to walk long distances :)

2 - although it has been mostly raining this week the garden is blooming and my strawberries and raspberries are ripening and tasting delicious!

3- due to my in-laws visiting I got out and about showing them lots of places and discovering new ones for myself too - all very enjoyable as well as having a bit more down time to start a new knitting project as I wasn't running all my Nordic walking groups this week.

Here's to hoping everyone else has enjoyed their week and has been able to find those little things to celebrate even if sometimes the overall picture is a bit gloomy :)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder to look for some good things to celebrate :) My raspberries are really behind - not enough sunshine yet, but there's a great crop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I need to go out and pick, pick, pick because we've had so much rain over the past few days I haven't been out!

      Delete
  2. I find it hard to celebrate when things are gloomy. I need to work harder on seeing the positive. I am afraid I don't understand much about what's going on in Europe. I need to educate myself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I do think this is such a good linky because we can all find something that was good even if the majority of the week was rather poor!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post. Indeed you folks will get things sorted out and we shall support you in the US. I promise. We are hot in TX but I have a pool so life is good. Glad you had such a good visit. It is fun to explore your own backyard. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne - this is such a worrying time and no-one knows what is going to happen so your words lifted my spirits. Enjoy that pool :)

      Delete