Friday 28 April 2017

X is for Xerxes & Xenophobe


X is always the most difficult letter for me in the A-Z Challenge so instead of my normal alliterative poem here is this offering instead!

When I started school at five X was for X-ray and Xylophone (which didn’t make sense!)
When I was a little older X was for Xanadu and Xanthe 
faraway & fantasy
When I started Secondary school X was for Xenon and Xylems  scientific & special
When I left secondary school X was for Xeroxes and Xanthan gum process & production
When I did “A” Levels X was for Xerxes and Xenophobe 
history & hatred
Now I am this old X is for Xhosa and Xerus 
reading & relaxation


Looking forward to reading everyone else's X.  When do you remember learning certain words beginning with X?  Did you ever get the pronunciation wrong? Are you a crossword or Scrabble enthusiast who loves X?  Leave a comment below to let us all know :)

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful "X" post. as we get older our range of words do widen. Enjoyed the read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great 'X' post! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    DB McNicol | Oh, the places we will go! | Yucatan & Yellowstone

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an eXtra dose of X words. Whew! Love how you incorporated them into your post. Very clever.

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Yolk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely take for X
    Xerxes reminds me of the charecter in the movie 300.

    A Peice Of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the rhythm of your X post Cat.
    It reminds me of that Lukas Graham song:) This X can be hummed--not bad for a letter you find tricky.
    Y is for Yellow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely X post. It's such a tricky letter to cover for the challenge, but you've handled it beautifully.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete